REVIEW: Stitch Box Monthly

*In exchange for my review, I was sent the products for free.  I was not compensated
in any other fashion.  All views and thoughts are mine, and mine alone. *



Eeep!!  I was so excited to be chosen as a blogger to review Stitch Box Monthly.  I've been eyeing it since they debuted, but I find it hard to splurge on things sometimes.  If you haven't heard of Stitch Box Monthly, it's basically a mystery box of sewing goodies that shows up on your doorstep each month (or however long you have signed up for).  Each box has a theme and the supplies inside revolve around that.  Boxes are $35 including shipping (US pricing), but you can get the boxes as low as $25/month if you prepay for the entire year.  The Stitch Boxes contain at least $40 worth of sewing supplies.  [International shipping also available, see website]

So WHAT WAS IN THE BOX?!

  • 1 yd "Elementary Black Penmanship" by Moda
  • 1 yd coordinating polka dot from Riley Blake*
  • 2 yd black mini pom trim
  • 1 spool of Gutermann thread
  • 1 package of Schmetz quilting needles
  • 12 Bobbin Buddies
  • A cute little note that explained all the goodies

*This month featured a yard of coordinating fabric in lieu of a sewing pattern.


So WHAT DID I MAKE?!

Little Lizard King Peek-A-Boo Skirt

I had so many ideas for this fabric that it was hard to narrow down what would actually be on my cutting table.  I have 2 girls, 3 & 5, who are both in school so I wanted something school-friendly and something that they could share (in case I can't squeak something else out of my leftovers).  Despite their 2-yr age difference, they are just a few pounds and a couple inches different in size.  

I decided to try out my Little Lizard King Peek-a-Boo Skirt pattern that I had won in Thursday Night Trivia.  My girls LOVE skirts so this is right up their alley.

The mini pom trim gives just the right amount of detail to the hem of the top skirt.

I absolutely adore the fabric that came this month.  Not only do my girls love pointing out the letters, the colors are some of my favorites!  Oh, and the cuts included are generous -- measuring out at 37" after washing/drying!

And, I'm not sure how SBM knew, but Bobbin Buddies have been much-needed to help tame some of the chaos that I call my pile of bobbins on my sewing desk.

Just what my bobbins needed!!! A little taming.

The only thing I haven't put to use is the Gutermann Thread.  I didn't want to waste my "good stuff" on my inside seams (I'm pretty sure some of you may have just gasped at that statement) and I'm a little OCD about my topstitching threads matching the majority of the (printed) fabric so I opted for white thread on the Riley Blake dots and black thread on the Moda Elementary.  



My 3 yr old will be wearing this for Preschool pictures next week and I think I have enough fabric left to make an Everyday Play Skirt by Little Lizard King as well!


So HOW DO YOU GET THE BOX?!

  • Signing up for Stitch Box Monthly is easy!  
  • Head to www.stitchboxmonthly.com to choose a 1, 3, 6. 12 month subscription or choose a recurring subscription every month
  • Add in your shipping info
  • Pay 
  • Wait by your mailbox for your surprises!

Thanks, Stitch Box Monthly --- I had SEW much fun!! 


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature