{Mabel Madison Monday} Penny's Pencil & Flounce Skirt



Haven't you heard?!  Tuesday is the new Monday.... LOL  (or at least that's what I'm rolling with).

Sooo, my {Mabel Madison Monday} is late.  Monday seems like it creeps up faster than I like. HA!

As I was looking through my {Mabel Madison} stash (it's a thing... and I always need to feel like I'm using the perfect pattern.  I hate feeling like I wasted pretty fabric), I came across this flocked poplin, that I honestly forgot I had ordered.  Hearts Flocking (Blue) by Verhees is so adorable!  There are little red, velvety (flocking) hearts on an aqua background.

My original plan was to do a knit fall dress, but summer snuck back in this week so I thought I'd squeeze in a fun little skirt. [Bonus: On Valentine's Day, she' throw on some tights or leggings and be all set for the festivities at school!!]


Enter, the Penny's Pencil & Flounce Skirt by Simple Life Pattern Co.  - a versatile skirt that takes you from mini to pencil to flounce all in one pattern!  The size range is 2t - 12 and has optional pockets as well.   This skirt does have an elastic back (as shown below).  Oh, and it's a super quick sew!


It took me longer to prewash the fabric than it did for me to sew!  I chose to sew the regular pencil skirt, but I am definitely trying the flounce on my next version.


I know you likely cannot see it (because I matched my print at the seams) but the seams are actually on the front (about the middle of each leg) rather than the sides.  I just thought I'd point out this little design feature -- it would look super cute with a contrasting front panel.

Mabel Madison has a huge selection of Euro poplins and corduroy that would be perfect for this skirt.  So why choose Euro? One of my favorite things about Euro wovens is they are wider.  I had just 1/2 yard of this flocked poplin and guess what?!  I have enough leftover, that my 6 year old can get a matching skirt!  Seriously, I used less than 1/2 of my original cut, making this skirt under $4.00.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature