--------- {Testing, Testing} --------- Wimberley by Little Lizard King


I am thoroughly embracing Fall this year!  It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just two days away... where has the time gone?!!

I am so excited to share my version of the Wimberley Dress I tested for Little Lizard King!  Laci debuted her first pattern with LLK with the Roanoke and I am smitten with her designs.  When she called for testers for this dress, I immediately signed up.  I had my fabric picked from the moment I saw the options.   Usually I take forever deciding so this was a nice change.


Pattern Details:
  • Sizes 12m - Girls 12
  • Plain Bodice or Pintucked Bodice
  • Short, 3/4 Length, Long Sleeves
  • Elastic Banded Sleeve (Short Length)
  • Ruched Sleeves or Plain (3/4 Length and Long)
  • Gathered Circle Skirt with Ruffle or Simple Gathered Skirt
  • Scoop Back
  • Optional Waistband and Ties
  • Fabric:  Bodice- Knit  Skirt- Woven or Knit
  • Pattern Prints in Layers


One of my favorite details is the pintucks on the bodice.  I sewed this up in Off White cotton Lycra from Purple Seamstress.  Along each pintuck, I added crocheted lace from Hobby Lobby for added interest.  I wasn't sure how easy pintucks on knit would be, but they sewed up nicely.  The bodice is lined too and my lining matched perfectly with my pintucked bodice.  

One thing to note on the bodice, the clear elastic is optional to add, BUT I promise you, you will appreciate taking the extra few minutes to sew it on.  It really helps the knit from stretching out, both when attaching the skirt, and again from the weight of the skirt, especially the gathered circle skirt with ruffle.


I love the ruching on the 3/4 length and long sleeves.  It adds a bit more femininity and just the right amount of interest.  If you choose this option, be sure to stretch the elastic evenly as you sew so you end up with the perfect gathers.


Oh this back is just so sweet!!  If your child falls into a smaller size in the waist than the chest, be sure to grade down the sides to the smaller waist for a custom fit!  It will ensure that the scoop perfectly hugs the back rather than have any gaping.



I think this pattern can take you year round!  With all the different options, you can make them all unique too.



I chose to sew the Simple Skirt because I have been hoarding this Moda Autumn Woods for a while now.  I was able to cut a size 6 skirt from one yard of double border and I am pretty sure I had enough left in the middle that I could have added the optional waist and bow.  I decided to leave it off of this version, but it's a nice option to have and a great way to incorporate coordinating prints.


This was probably one of my daughter's best photo sessions yet.  I wish I could have taken her to the woods for a bit prettier background, but with school and the time change and then a school function, we didn't have time to trek the 20 minutes each way to our favorite "walking trail".  She worked the camera though! She had all her poses ready and she methodically went through them, pausing for me to focus and snap before moving on to the next one.  I seriously need posing lessons from her 😜



After pictures, we took advantage of all the leaves lying around!  Head to my Facebook page to watch the videos of her with the leaves!

She had so much fun throwing leaves around!  I'm not sure if my neighbors appreciated the leaves strewn about.... whoops!!

SAVE 40% SITEWIDE
Code: GIVETHANKS
Link to Little Lizard King Shop



2 comments on "--------- {Testing, Testing} --------- Wimberley by Little Lizard King"
  1. Just adorable...love the look of the petticoat underneath it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! The pettiskirt is separate, but I needed my border fabric to look perfect ... hehehe

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature